It’s that time of the year again… Happy Book Lover’s Day, everyone!
August 9 is a day for bibliophiles, bookworms and reading addicts around the world to celebrate their love of books. Although it is an unofficial holiday, people never run out of fun ways to commemorate this day — from visiting libraries and bookstores, re-reading old favorites, hosting parties and book clubs, showcasing awesome bookshelves and book hauls, recommending must-reads, and many more. Did the quarantine help you pursue your bookish delights?
The first two quarters of the year were productive for me. I’ve read more books than I had last year which is an incredible feat. But, halfway through June, work started piling up. It dragged on and to this day, I haven’t had a decent read.
So, for now, I’m sharing my personal pet peeves and fetish when it comes to reading. Can any of you relate?
- Interruptions while reading
- Having no one to talk to after reading an awesome book
- Plot changes in movie adaptations
- Careless borrowers
- When a book got the movie poster as cover
- When someone judges a book without reading it
- Having your dream bookshelves
- The scent of a book
- Paperback copies
- Preloved books
- Highlighting favorite quotes/intriguing lines
- A good book hug after a good read
- Making your own bookmarks
- When you have a complete copy of your favorite series
- Covering books