After three days of undisturbed rest, I am back to the “real” world again. With this comes my late wrap up for the month of October.
I have already mentioned most of them in my last blog update but here’s a quick overview of what I’ve been up to.
Things I’ve written…
This month, I’ve decided to revisit the old poems from my Instagram account and start sharing them here in WordPress while I am taking a writing break. But, apparently, I’ve only reposted two: we molded this valley of memories with love and Vignette: Stolen gazes, knowing smiles, paperbacks. The rest were just mishmash of random things.
- Writer’s Quote Wednesday – Karma in the words of Holmes
- Writer’s Quote Wednesday – Break the glass
- Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night by Dylan Thomas
Books I’ve read…
If there’s one area in my life that is doing really great, that would be my reading life. My bookish heart was filled with joy this when James and I started the month with a book hunting day. We hopped to three all three branches of Booksale in metro Cebu (Robinson’s Fuente/Emall/SM City) and took a few gems with us at a very cheap price! Here’s my October book hoard:
- The Choir Boys by Sophie Hannah (Php20 @Robinsons)
- Lost Girls by Andrew Piper (Php83 @Robinsons)
- The Bookseller of Kabul by John Krakauer (Php154 @Robinsons)
- The Poet by Michael Connelly (Php83 @Emall)
- Grendel by John Gardiner (Php10 @Emall)
- Blowfly by Patricia Cornwell (Php83 @SM City)
- The Abortionist’s Daughter by Elizabeth Hyde (Php50 @SM City)
- A Thousand Splendid Suns (ordered online for Php250 @bookprojectph)
- The Swallows of Kabul (ordered online for Php175 @bookprojectph)