Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.” ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
On that note, let Maria of Doodles and Scribbles and Rosema of A Reading Writer introduce you to their first-ever word challenge called: Word-High July.
What is it?
Word-High July is a 30-day word challenge that will start on July 1, Friday and will end on July 30, Sunday. If you are familiar with the Blogging from A to Z Challengeand May Book Prompts, then it’s the same.
What’s special about it?
Because Maria and Rosema are both from the Philippines and are both #ProudlyPinay, Word-High July will be featuring 30 Beautiful Filipino words as prompts for the rest of the month.
This is their way of introducing their little country to their beloved blogger friends. Thus, they hope you can join.
How can I sign up?
Word-High July has no sign-up required. Maria and Rosema want it to be as open and as easy as possible.
How will I join?
Here are the five easy steps:
- Write or create a post inspired or about the Filipino word prompts.
- A post can be anything. A poem, a fiction, a six-word tale, or even a photo. It’s all up to you.
- Linkback/create a pingback to this post. Here is a quick tutorial on how to do it.
- Tag your post with WordHighJuly, so your co-bloggers will be able to read/see your take on the prompt. Here’s how you create tags.
- Most important of all, read and comment to your blogger friends (old and new found, we’ll never know).
What are those 30 Filipino words?
The list will be published soon so you can start ahead of time and schedule your posts! Rest assured that the meaning of each word will be included in the list, too.
If you have any questions or suggestions, Maria and Rosema are more than excited to answer and read them!
Please feel free to share and reblog this post.