I named this blog DOODLESCRIBBLES because that’s what I usually do — mindlessly and carelessly doodling or scribbling my thoughts away. As the years passed, I slowly discovered my own writing voice. My style. My preferences. My weaknesses. My identity as a writer.
But, for the past weeks, it seems to me that writing does not feel right. I have all these thoughts in my head wanting to tell a story or a poem, but I still can’t bring myself to write. So I guess an extended leave of absence is in order.
For now, I’ve decided to shift my focus on two things that I can control:
1) My old blog posts. Last month, I worked on re-categorizing my published posts. This time, I plan on optimizing my blog images. As you know, us freeloaders only have 3 GB of storage limit. We were taught in college about optimized images but I never really mind the file sizes whenever I upload something on WordPress. Whatever is from my phone’s gallery, goes straight to my media (lazy cat). It was only when I reached 93.7% of the storage space that I paid attention on the file sizes. LOL!
I started with travel photos since they eat up most of my storage space. Here’s a list of what I’ve successfully optimized so far.
- Mt. Kalatkat: The things we give and take
- Fallin’ Down South: A weekend of feast, fog and falls
- There are no such thing as tourist spots in Bung-aw
- Kala-Wiji Chronicles: Part 3 (The Beauty of Mt. Wiji)
- Kala-Wiji Chronicles: Part 2 (Surviving Mt. Kalatungan)
- Kala-Wiji Chronicles: Part 1 (The Plot Twists)
- Matalom: Experiencing its ‘katahum’ for a day
- Negros Oriental Backpacking: Weekend Escape
- Mt. Pinatubo: A 42km Golden Adventure
I’ve managed to lower the data usage down to 69.2%. Still high but we’ll get there. This is not about traffic or rankings but creating a friendly and responsive blog post. Hopefully, loading time won’t bore my visitors anymore. HAHA
2) My Facebook page. I am only using prepaid mobile data which is also the reason why I cannot spend unlimited time on most apps, including WordPress. It would be easier if I opt for a WIFI plan at home but that is also a problem. I do not have a home. I’m a renter and I don’t want to pay thousands to install a WIFI connection only to move out one day.
Thankfully, most prepaid data promos nowadays offer a free access to Facebook. Which is why I am sharing here my pet project that I have been doing on my page. It’s called #WriteMyOwnHeadline. With all the negativity around the world, I’ve decided to write my own headline one day at a time. It’s just little snippets of good news that I’ve seen, heard or encountered in my routinary day. If you want to know more about it or show me your own daily headlines, let’s connect!