I have to admit, this week’s The Great Book of Lists’ chapter is quite a challenge for two reasons: 1) I’m not much of a movie-junkie and I’m still working on my penchant towards romantic movies, and 2) the kissing part is not really my most anticipated part of a movie.
Still, I believe most kisses makes a movie or a scene pleasurably great. It’s like opening a jar of hearts or unwrapping a box of love. So here goes some of my favorite on-screen kisses. Hope you like them, too!
1. The Jack and Annie kiss in Speed. Starred by Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. What better way to end a beautiful movie than with a long-awaited kiss after the heart-stopping, nerve-wrecking bomb chase and train crash?
2. The Rafe and Evelyn kiss in Pearl Harbor. Starred by Ben Affleck and Kate Beckinsale. I’ve always preferred the Rafe and Evelyn love story, no offense to Danny. And their first kiss? It’s so beautiful that it hurts.
3. The Takuma and Mayu kiss in I Give My First Love To You. Starred by Masaki Okada and Mao Inoue. The cutest kiss I’ve ever seen on screen. That scene of young Takuma telling his dream to be an astronaut and marry Mayu someday was so sweet. And when Mayu begged and wished on a four-leaf clover for Takuma to be cured from his disease, it was just so… tear-jerking. Oh, the joy of innocence and young love.
4. The Daewong and Miho kiss in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. Starred by Lee Seung-gi and Shin Min-ah. Of course, I wouldn’t miss in this list my favorite Korean romantic-c0medy drama. I’ll never get tired of watching it over and over and over. That first kiss never failed to make me smile and their life-or-death kiss is the most heartwarming kiss of all.
5. The Four and Tris kiss in Divergent. Starred by Theo James and Shailene Woodley. Oh, Four and his tattoo. The very moment he showed it to Tris meant opening his heart and soul to her. So sweet!
6. The Christian and Anastasia kiss in Fifty Shades of Grey. Starred by Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson. This scene first came in mind when I read this week’s list. Obviously, the movie offers a lot of kisses and more but this elevator kiss, for me, is the most special.
Photo Credit: www.hersheys.com/kisses
How about you? What are your favorite on-screen kisses? I would love to hear them, too. 🙂 🙂 🙂